One family's trip to Disney World

This is all about our trip driving from Manitoba Canada to Disney World Florida. Traveling through 16 states in 24 days! All the planning, all the excitement and everything along the way. A complete budget/cost summary will be included for your own planning needs.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A little rest, a little shopping, a little gaming

Thursday, May 15th
Everyone had a good sleep in and clocked 10-12 hours of restful slumber.

Girls went to swim in the Oak Water pool, but then it started to storm so their fun was cut a little short.  Gregg and I did some laundry and meal preparation quickly and planning and then we were off shopping again.

I talked about that in a previous post, so this is about some of the other parts of the Downtown Disney area.  I took the time to just walk around the boardwalk and into shops.  It was a very nice vibe and felt very friendly and safe.

We thought so much of our childhood and our nieces and nephews playing with their Lego.  It was hard to not purchase something, so we bought a mug for one of Lego's biggest fans and that was it.

Lego by the bucket loads.  Odd pieces, etc.



Rockin' out at Planet Hollywood

Famous hand prints at Planet Hollywood!
I only had my phone with me this evening and it was obviously dark, so my photos are not great.  We still have the memories though!




Lego sea monster

Make your own Lego car and race them!

Everything Lego...rock, dragon, knight, sword...


Lots of stunningly well organized stores here.  
 Disney cookie cutter $5
Lego Mug for a gift $9
I actually texted some friends back in Canada about whether or not I should buy a wooden rolling pin while at Disney.  In the end I decided against it and that I'd do more research on if I'd use it or not instead of my marble one.  How wonderful to have the phone plan with free texting.  We used it constantly so that we could split up and look at different things if we wished and still meet back up easily.

A Lego Hulk


Kids choir from Oklahoma was performing

CHOCOLATE!  
I walked into a chocolate shoppe and was more than happy to receive a free mini sample.
Potato Head parts
You can pick and choose Potato Head parts here... dress them like Mickey Mouse, etc.  Oh ...fun by the bucket load!
They have a Circus de Soleil 

Link to previous post on Disney Quest is HERE

waiting for the rest to come out of the games area

Lots of kitchen ware at Disney too


Gregg started to drive away when Ruth was only part way in the Yukon  "I could have swore I saw 5 girls get in the car!"  Ruth thought she was going to get run over, but instead we now have a family joke about "seeing 5 girls get in the car!"  Where are the 5 girls Gregg?  Getting a little worn out?  ha ha!

Link to previous post on Disney Quest is HERE

Ross $24.36 clothing and food
Target food $61.15
TJ Maxx Clothing and food $104

No comments:

Post a Comment